Thursday 1 May 2008

My first Marriage Proposal!!!

So yesterday a nice taxi driver asked me to marry him - The whole conversation kept my laughing for a long time. He was quite old and had a big grey beard - looked slightly like Santa Clause!!!! The conversation started off as normal - where are you from?, why are you here? blar de bla. Then he asked if I was married here or in England - when I said neither he asked if I wanted to marry him. (People here really can't seem to grasp the concept of being happy being single!) He said that he'd always dreamed of marrying a women with green eyes but had never met one - until me. I did explain that my eyes are grey and not green but he just said 'But still so beautiful' --- I kept on laughing! He asked my age and said that he was 50 - but that if he shaved off his beard he would look 20 years younger!!!!!!So it kept me amused for a while.

No comments: