Friday 1 July 2011

Wales

Next came a few days in Barmouth, Wales. Staying in a B&B, I took advantage of eating Full English Breakfasts every day (the Guatemalan equivalent is just not nearly as good- however much I try to convince myself!), as well as time to just relax on a beach and read a few good books.

Catching up with ex-Striders who are working out their next move after leaving Guatemala
Counting dead jelly fish!
What struck me in Barmouth, was the number of church buildings that were no longer used as churches. In the small town, I counted at least 5 that were now used as bargain shops, and cafes. Is that the legacy of the Wales revival??? or any revival - where conversions lead to quick church growth -- but which perhaps can't be sustained in the following generations?? Warnings to the wise maybe.

No comments: