Wednesday 10 February 2016

The Called


This year I have started a new group, Los Llamados or The Called in English. As part of my focus on mission mobilisation, I have recognised over the last couple of years, that there are several people in Guatemala who feel called to missions, but who don´t know what to do next. For the majority, their pastor and / or their church either don´t know much about missions, or aren´t interested, so these people don´t get much encouragement.

So I started Los Llamados as a support group for those people - to encourage and pray for one another as they learn more and progress on their journey in missions. We had our first meeting a couple of weeks ago, and had a variety of people attending, each at a different stage of their development. We´re going to meet monthly, and I´m looking forward to working alongside them.

At the same time, I´m looking into ways in which we can inspire and encourage more churches to take an interest in missiones, and support their own members who feel God´s calling. We´re distributing the Xplore booklets and looking into other courses that we could offer.




No comments: