Thursday 5 April 2012

You know you´re in El Salvador when ....

Yes I´ve just come back from a weekend in El Salvador where I was visiting Karla (who wants to do Stride in Uruguay) and meeting with her sending church. Being just next door to Guatemala there´s lots of things that are very similar -- but I did notice a few differences....

You know when you´re in El Salvador when...

1. The first thing you do is eat pupusas (and we had a choose of 7 different pupuserias within the space of one block!)
2. The roads are smooth
3. They have roundabouts (and the people know how to drive around them!)
4. The same sort of shopping malls -- but I didn´t see any gringos.
5. It´s just an hours drive to the coast
6. Church starts at 7AM !!!!!!!!
7. It´s so hot that I sweat standing still.  

No comments: