Tuesday 13 July 2010

Core Team in Curitiba (Brazil)

I've just come back from Curitiba, in Brazil. Actually the word 'just' gives the impression that the journey was quick -- it wasn't -- 4 flights and 27 hours after leaving Curitiba, I got back to Guatemala!
But it was a good time. I went for a week long meeting of the Latin Link Core Team (which was meeting alongside the Latin Link Brazil team annual conference). We talked and prayed alot - about the different teams, about needs and concerns, and about future plans. (We also ate chocolate from Peru, England, Guatemala and Argentina!). We also managed to escape for a bit and explore the city of Curitiba.

Curitiba is famous in Brazil for it's bus system, construction regulations and everything being environmentally friendly. It was such a weird (and good) feeling to be in a place that actually takes recycling seriously! (Does that make me a geek!?? probably!)





Then I meet the Brazilian football team at the airport!! (And no I have no idea who they all are - but I guessed they were famous!

Curitiba has an iron opera house!
(just so you know!)


























And a replica of crystal palace in England.

And some funny birds on a stick at the 'Eye Museum' (apparently it's named after the shape rather than being full of old eyes!)

No comments: