Wednesday 25 March 2009

Stride Feedback

Recently I've been catching up with one of the Striders in her placement. When I met wuth her boss and asked how it was going for the Strider and with the programme in general, she spent half an hour telling me what a pelasure it was to have the Strider. She'd got thoroughly involved in her host family and church and work and was always friendly and always ready to help out with anything that needed doing. Then she explained that "I knew that not all volunteers settle in as well as she has, but I recognise that behind a good volunteer is a good organisation. We can tell that she has been well prepared by Latin Link for this experience and is supported by them whilst she's here."
It was great to hear this sort of comment - not only that this particular Strider had settled into the culture so well and was really making the most of her placement - but also that we (Latin Link) had shown ourselves to be an organisation that took seriously the Striders experience and that of those who recieve them. That's what I've been striving to acheive - that the Stride experience can be beneficial for everyone involved.

No comments: