Monday 18 August 2008

Another weekend at the lake

I've just been to Panajachel on Lake Atitlan for the weekend with Catherine. She's only got a couple of weeks left in Guatemala so wants to make the most of it. We went across the lake to San Pedro and then went horse riding to Playa Dorada (golden beach).

As the path got narrower and narrower, I imagined that the beach would be wonderfully deserted - actually lots of people get there by boat - and we heard it before we saw it. As it was a Sunday - there was a whole crowd of Chapines (Guatemalans) - with the obligatory sound system and very large speakers! But the water was beautifully clear so we had a good swim anyway!


1 comment:

Liz said...

Hi Suzanne, thanks for the postcard you sent me. I really loved hearing from you. Yes I've been having a great summer hol from school thanks and making the most of it.I've been to Scotland and Venice this year. Your adventures in Central America sound good and I'm glad things are going well for you. I liked your video of the horse riding and will keep logging on to see how you're doing. Bye for now,take care, lots of love, your cousin Liz xxx elizabethemmarigby@hotmail.co.uk