Sunday 6 April 2008

My first earthquake!

So yesterday morning, instead of waking up to the sound of my alarm clock at 6.30am - I was shaken awake at about 6.10am. In my state of being half asleep and half awake - I thought to myself that this must be a tremor, - and then carried on sleeping until the alarm! It obviously wasn't very strong, but enough for me to hear things moving in my room. Apparently these are a fairly regular occurance here and most of the houses are built to withstand them. Cristina, my spanish teacher, said that she thought there would be a tremor because she'd seen the signs the evening before - certain cloud formations and animals acting strangely (the dogs howling for example). Maybe I should learn to read the signs, before a serious one comes along!

No comments: